This story has animals represent a type of person or a type of emotion. The dog is the loyal and loving, the magpie is curiosity. She loved dog, she was his eye and he was her wings. But curiosity killed the cat. And curiosity made Magpie yearn for better things. So who is the Fox? Is he evil? Is he hate? I didn't think so, I thought of the fox as the lonely member of humanity who wants others to know how to feels to go through what he's gone through. The Fox has no experience in dealing with fellow beings and he cannot feel sympathy for the Magpie. I think that a message that the author is trying to get around to in this story is that nobody is all bad. The Fox may have done something that hurt the Magpie, but he has been lonely all his life and he wants others to feel the way he did. The Fox is not evil. The message that an author in a childrens book is always hard to find. But for me, I found messages hidden within the story that I doubt the author meant to have. The reason some books are good is you can find hidden meanings inside a book. In Fox, I got caught up in trying to find hidden messages. but now I realize that there's no just one hidden message in a book.
I agree with you Isaac. There can definitely be multiple meanings to a story of any kind. Sometimes you have to dig deep to find it, sometimes you don't.
ReplyDeleteNice picture of a fox.
Great job!
Great post Isaac, I really agreed with what you said about not being sure about what emotion or feeling Fox represents.
ReplyDeleteCould he just be the overall bad in the world?
Or more like, temptation and greed and intrigue all mixed into one?
I really liked how you started your post of by describing children's books in depth before talking about the book. I completely agree that children's books can be as complicated as other books. Good Job
ReplyDeleteNice post, Issac.
ReplyDeleteYou used good vocabulary and clearly made your post interesting and good to read. I like your interpretation of the characters. I never thought that the characters would represent emotions that can challenge us day to day. I also like how you said the fox wasn't evil, he was just an antisocial (perhaps autistic) isolated personality that didn't know how others react to certain actions. I liked this post!